Friday, March 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday...better late than never

This week has been mind-blowingly busy. I can't remember the last time I was this drained and worn out. VERY much in need of a weekend and so thankful it's finally here!

Today I am thankful for...
  • the good Lord
  • my handsome, wonderful B and the new things I learn about him nearly every day
  • my silly, precious family and friends
  • the realization that, not only can B cheer me up out of a serious funk, but he can be really honest with me in the sweetest, most supportive way possible...LOVE that about him
  • 6 months next week :)
  • my job and my wonderfully go-with-the-flow schoolbabies...I don't even want to think about them leaving me in May :(
  • the tremendous effort that has gone into planning our D.C. trip...we've been pouring all our energy into it, and I know it'll pay off
  • springing forward an hour next weekend...I'll miss the hour of sleep but am SO ready for extra daylight
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, my phone, my computer, the dishwasher, a place to get in out of the cold, a soft place to lay my head at night
  • the cold snap we're having this weekend...SURELY this is winter's last gasp and springtime is around the corner, right???
  • deciding to pray for grace this week, and many opportunities to practice showing it
  • the arrival of March, because it's the birthday month of some of my favorite people!
  • no more night shifts for B until May...woohoo!!!!
  • my sewing skills, which allowed me to sew new patches onto B's shirts...makes me feel useful, which is one of my favorite ways to feel
  • vitamins
  • lotion...winter and my skin are not friends
  • spring break in TWO weeks!
  • paying my last rent today for my current little home...this time next month, I'll be in my new abode and I'm SO looking forward to it!
  • long walks
  • sunshine
  • getting to catch up on Justified with B last night
  • getting back into my lesson planning/paper grading groove
  • a very fun science experiment with my students yesterday, and a ready-made opportunity to show a little grace
  • being literate and being able to get back to my regular tutoring schedule after next week
  • contentment
  • laughter
  • spring break in TWO weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.