Monday, June 3, 2013

Whole30 : Day 1 and 2

I'm doing the Whole30 again, but this time I have a sweet, studly boyfriend to join in :) I told B a while back that I wanted to do the Whole30 in June and wanted to know if he'd eat the food I fixed. He did me one better and told me that he'd do it, too. Score! We're only two days in (we kicked off on June 2nd), but it seems easier this time now that I have someone to hold me accountable and share recipe ideas with.

Day 1:

*breakfast - Creole Breakfast Casserole (I used locally made chorizo that B bought at Pepper Place on Saturday. It. Was. So good.)
*snack - one tiny (but very tasty) peach and a handful of strawberries
*lunch - baked chicken breast, wilted spinach, 1/2 avocado with onion powder, salt, juice from half a lime, and red pepper flakes
*snack - walnuts
*supper - Cinnamon Steak and roasted carrots (This was my favorite meal from my time on the Whole30 last year, and it did not disappoint. So yum.)
*snack - the other half of the avocado with all the same stuff on it as earlier

I ate more than I planned to, but I also felt hungrier than I thought I would. Otherwise, this was an easy day and I felt good!

Day 2:

*breakfast - 3 Greek meatballs, leftover roasted carrots (The meatballs were another meal that B and I made on Saturday. We made them with 1 lb of beef and 1 lb of turkey instead of the lamb that was called for. We both thought they were okay but need some tweaking. Challenge accepted.)

*lunch - egg bake (I sauteed mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, and chicken sausage. In a baking dish, mix up 8 eggs, salt, and pepper and then add the veggie/sausage mixture. Bake it on 350 for 30 minutes and eat it up!) and strawberries
*snack - slightly thawed frozen cherries and a handful of walnuts
*supper - grilled chicken salad from Ruby Tuesday (oil and vinegar on the side, no croutons or cheese)

Good day! I didn't feel as hungry as yesterday, so that was good news. B is doing well, too, and he took nothing but Whole30-approved food with him to work tonight. He even opted out of the food run to Slice, and I know that was tough for him. This is his first shift at work since we started, and I'm proud of him for staying strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.