Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thankful Sunday

I've given up trying to get my post done on Thursdays. Maybe next week. "Thankful Sunday" isn't as catchy, but the thought behind it is just the same!

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord and the things He's teaching me these days
  • prayers, both answered and unanswered
  • my wonderful family and incredible friends
  • tough times, and the good that can come from them
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, clean sheets, my comfortable bed, a dependable car, the appliances and doodads and gadgets that make my life easier
  • my washer and dryer, and the 4 loads of laundry I was able to do yesterday
  • enough money to cover my needs, and a little left over for my wants every now and then
  • my job, my fun coworkers, and 27 of the most wonderful 5th graders in the world
  • a conversation with a student Friday that left me seriously humbled and in tears...some kids are carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders, and we need to be there for those sweet babies
  • the safe arrival of Baby Joseph, and the fact that his unexpected, nerve-wracking trip to Children's Hospital yesterday ended well
  • getting to hold 2 sweet, brand new babies in one month...love it
  • a great haircut yesterday...thanks, Eric!
  • a long conversation with Laura today...luh you, Boo!
  • a fun day spent with my mama today
  • getting to celebrate Daddy's birthday last week
  • a really long chat with Angie after work on Thursday....much-needed, and it reminded how much I love that girl!
  • a one-on-one Global Scholar tutoring session with Debbie...she told me she deserved to make my Thankful Thursday post, so here ya go, Debbie :)
  • the fact that my knee is feeling better after some searing pain during my jog on Friday...I only made it 7.5 minutes and was afraid I'd done some serious damage, but I'm relieved that my knee seems to be on the mend
  • sunscreen
  • positivity and faith and trust
  • reminders that things are not all about me
  • gloriously cooler temperatures...fall makes me so happy I can hardly stand it
  • the fact that my favorite month of the whole year begins on Tuesday!!!
  • pretty new fall colors on my fingers and toes
  • homemade chicken noodle soup
  • my new phone
  • small group tomorrow...I'm excited to learn some new things about healthy cooking and exercise, and I'm loving the opportunity to get to know some new girls
  • being literate, and the privilege I have to tutor Mr. L. every week
  • good sleep
  • my simple little life
  • contentment
HAPPY NEW WEEK, yall!

2 comments:

  1. Thankful for you and your heart!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a super big heart! So much going on in your life and so much to be thankful for. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.