Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday

In the words of Dierks, I'd settle for a slowdown. Life these days is great and hard and oh so busy. My week has consisted of three busy days at work, the Mumford & Sons concert, tutoring, making 65 Oreo balls for Carrie's shower, staying at school until 6:15 making sub plans, spending all day today in math leader meetings, going to see brand new Baby Lolly, making 35 more Oreo balls, making 2 trips to the bank and one to the post office, and typing this post. And I still have a stack of papers to grade before I'm letting myself go to bed tonight. Whew.

On another note, thank you so much for all the prayers for my loved ones and for me. These have been some really tough weeks for a variety of reasons, but I'm learning a lot from these experiences. Even though I can't see it now, I'm praying that God will use all of this for our good and His glory!

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clean running water, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, my comfortable bed, hot showers, my dependable car, the gadgets and appliances that make my life more convenient
  • my job, my coworkers, and my sweet students
  • the pile of papers I still need to grade tonight, because that means I have a job
  • getting to go to the Mumford & Sons concert Monday...it was BY FAR the best concert I have ever been to, and I really didn't want it to end...they are almost supernaturally talented and put on a killer show!
  • getting to meet sweet Baby Lolly...she is 3 whole days old, and she is a precious little bundle of sleepy baby goodness

  • a very successful shower for Carrie yesterday afternoon...I can't wait to meet Baby Joseph!
  • getting a whole mess of burp cloths sewn last weekend...bring on the babies, friends!
  • fun plans to celebrate Angie tomorrow night 
  • picture day at school tomorrow...I always love to see the kids with their spiffy picture-takin' clothes on :)
  • totally dominating Week 5 of Couch to 5K...coming up Saturday is 20 minutes without any walking at all...wish me luck!
  • vitamins
  • sunscreen
  • fall right around the corner, even though I very much miss the sun still being up at 8:00 PM
  • getting to go to China Grove last weekend...I love hearing Grandad's stories about the old days, and I love spending that time with him
  • small group coming up on Monday...I'm excited about meeting some new ladies and having a flower arranging lesson!
  • peace and contentment

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, dear friend. So glad to read what is going on in your life. A 5K??? You have my blessings!!
    Such a sweet picture of you and baby Lolly.
    hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, sweet A! I've missed you! Are you still writing? Thanks for checking in. I am indeed training for a 5K. I needed a goal to work towards, and I've never been a good runner, so there ya have it! Instant goal :) When I finally run one, I'll be sure to post pictures. I love holding a sweet, snuggly baby, and I'm thankful that I have plenty of friends willing to share theirs :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week, friend!

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.