Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Again, with the the Thankful Thursday on a Thursday. Get it, me!

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my sweet family and some of the best friends a girl could ever ask for...I'm so blessed
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, health insurance, a dependable car, a strong body that does the things I need it to, my comfortable bed, the appliances and gadgets and doodads that make my life more convenient
  • my washer and dryer...thankful for these always and forever :)
  • my job, my darling students, my wonderful coworkers, and enough money to pay for my needs
  • the totally unexpected and VERY exciting news that Rachel and Todd were chosen last week to adopt a sweet baby boy...answered prayers! I'm so happy for them I could just explode. Can't wait to meet their handsome Samuel!
  • weekends
  • a successful Parenting Day math lesson on Tuesday
  • Bub and Liv's safe arrival in St. Lucia...those lucky ducks get two honeymoons in one year :) Enjoy, loves!
  • my very full calendar these days...while I'm often busier than I prefer to be, these are some really great times and I'm determined to enjoy every last second!
  • fall and October and breezes and cooler temperature
  • getting to visit with Carrie and Baby Joseph this afternoon
  • the baby boom that's happening to seemingly everyone around me these days...people I love have welcomed 4 new babes over the past 4 weeks, and I'm glad that there's no shortage of snuggly newborns for me to love on :)
  • The Lumineers concert last night...gorgeous night, great venue, FANTASTIC talent, fun friends...couldn't have asked for a better night
  • the Pumpkin Spice Latte that kept me going today...even non-coffee drinkers need a boost every now and then
  • fun plans this weekend
  • the Walking Dead premiere on Sunday...so excited!!
  • Mimi getting to go on a "fall in New England" trip with Mrs. Linda this week...I love those girls and am glad they're getting to do something so fun
  • an impromptu family supper at Aunt Dianne and Uncle Billy's last Sunday
  • weekends
  • my new friend Ashley
  • my small group...I'm learning a lot and have really enjoyed meeting some new girls
  • being literate, and my weekly tutoring sessions
  • vitamins
  • good sleep
  • news that the work to replace the plumbing in my little home will be finished soon...I've felt like I was camping in my own home these past few weeks
  • patience, and a great message on faith and patience last week
  • contentment
  • my simple, challenging, beautiful life
  • weekends
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.