Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord and how hard He's working on me these days
  • my family and friends and loved ones
  • my health, and the health of my people
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, a dependable car, my comfortable bed, the appliances and doodads and gadgets that make my life easier
  • my washer and dryer
  • good sleep, even though I don't get nearly enough of it lately
  • my job, my supportive coworkers, and my energetic students
  • Carrie being back!
  • enough money to pay for all of my needs
  • the smell of cinnamon
  • happy memories
  • work stress, because that means I have a job
  • the stack of papers I still need to grade, because that means I have a job
  • a precious college student who's wrapping up her time in our classroom...she's been wonderful!
  • a spectacular science experiment today...the "blubber glove" was a rousing success
  • tough times, because I have faith that they make you stronger...as long as you survive ;)
  • a lovely weekend in Auburn with the Buggs last weekend...I got to attend the best football game I've seen in a long time, got to visit with friends, and discovered something that made me smile...happy good times!
  • sending our small group out with a bang on Monday...it was such fun and I'm going to miss it!
  • pretty fall weather and leaves that are still turning
  • a nice little home that gives me a place to go to get out of the cold
  • fleece pajama pants
  • my new boots
  • lots of fun to look forward to next month
  • Byrne and Ashley bringing my days of going to church by myself to an end :)
  • regular emails from Kate...I'm thankful that she's my friend
  • having people who love me...I am far more blessed than I often take the time to realize
  • dates in my classroom with pretty Angie...love her :)
  • my darling Kira making a huge effort to stay in touch with me even though she's quite busy raising up 3 sweeties
  • a fun, relaxing weekend to look forward to
  • a very short work week next week...woohoo!
  • being literate and getting to watch Mr. L. feel more and more successful every week
  • peace and contentment and hope
  • my simple little life
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

1 comment:

  1. So, we need to know more about the blubber glove...I am going to a family cooking thing tomorrow with a super secret recipe that the cookies are made with lard. Something about blubber gloves and cruller cookies just makes me confused...or just want to barf! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.