Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

BLEH! That's what I have to say about this morning. I went to have one thing done to my car, only to find out (2 hours later) that it couldn't be fixed because there's something else wrong. This "something else" requires parts that apparently don't exist in this hemisphere and are going to cost many dollars. I was feeling so foul that I almost nixed my Thankful Thursday post today so that I could wallow in my grumpiness. Then I reminded myself that according to statistics, as an employed US citizen, I'm wealthier than like 50 kajillion people on the planet or something like that. I should be thankful that I even have a car to cause me headaches. I decided that this is exactly why I have Thankful Thursdays...I want to be thankful at ALL times, even when things aren't going to suit me. So, here she is.

Today I am thankful for:

  • family and friends, especially the opportunity I had this week to hang out with my mama...she's not half bad :)
  • sweet, beautiful summertime
  • the super-tasty, cute-as-a-button baby watermelon I bought this week...it has been most delicious
  • the fact that I have a job at a great school to return to in August
  • the news that Kate, Kira, and Laura are all gainfully employed :)
  • the beginning of my birthday month (aka, the best month of the year...just so you know)
  • getting to re-hear the story of Willie and Wanda on Rick and Bubba's "Best Of" show this morning...if you've never heard it, you need to find a way to do so immediately...it'll make you proud (or ashamed, depending on your sense of humor!) to live in AL
  • my car...darling, paid-off Mitzy, who still gets me where I need to go even though she's beginning to show her age...hang in there with me a little while longer, girlfriend!
  • the fact that I do have plenty of free time to take care of all this car stuff...it would be much more stressful during the school year (Thanks for this, Mom. You're always right!)
  • getting my end of things taken care of as far as grad school is concerned...now I'm just waiting on everybody else to do their job...that makes me a little nervous but I'm just going to let it go and pray that it all works out the way it's supposed to!
  • my kickball team...we may not have many actual victories (a sweet way of saying we haven't won a single game) but we have more fun than we know what to do with
  • finishing this post so that I can go sew...I'm excited about my new fabric and some new ideas to try out...doesn't take much to make this girl happy

HAPPY WEEKEND and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.