Today I am thankful for:
- family and friends, especially the opportunity I had this week to hang out with my mama...she's not half bad :)
- sweet, beautiful summertime
- the super-tasty, cute-as-a-button baby watermelon I bought this week...it has been most delicious
- the fact that I have a job at a great school to return to in August
- the news that Kate, Kira, and Laura are all gainfully employed :)
- the beginning of my birthday month (aka, the best month of the year...just so you know)
- getting to re-hear the story of Willie and Wanda on Rick and Bubba's "Best Of" show this morning...if you've never heard it, you need to find a way to do so immediately...it'll make you proud (or ashamed, depending on your sense of humor!) to live in AL
- my car...darling, paid-off Mitzy, who still gets me where I need to go even though she's beginning to show her age...hang in there with me a little while longer, girlfriend!
- the fact that I do have plenty of free time to take care of all this car stuff...it would be much more stressful during the school year (Thanks for this, Mom. You're always right!)
- getting my end of things taken care of as far as grad school is concerned...now I'm just waiting on everybody else to do their job...that makes me a little nervous but I'm just going to let it go and pray that it all works out the way it's supposed to!
- my kickball team...we may not have many actual victories (a sweet way of saying we haven't won a single game) but we have more fun than we know what to do with
- finishing this post so that I can go sew...I'm excited about my new fabric and some new ideas to try out...doesn't take much to make this girl happy
HAPPY WEEKEND and HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!