Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:
  • my family and friends
  • my health
  • Mom's surgery being a success and OVER, and that I'm able to go hang out with her today
  • glorious summertime...really, really love it
  • the lessons in selflessness God is teaching me lately
  • getting to see Kira and little Elizabeth yesterday...Elizabeth is gorgeous and Kira makes being a mama look effortless...so proud of her
  • the blackberries and peaches I got at Durbin Farms yesterday...can one live on nothing but blackberries? We'll soon find out!
  • the news that some of the folks involved in that balcony collapse are doing better...and (selfishly) that I wasn't here when it happened, since I can see that balcony and would have had to do SOMETHING...don't know what I would have done
  • my kickball game tonight...oh heavens, it's dress up night...pictures to follow
  • the power yoga class I've discovered...it makes me use muscles I didn't even know I had
  • hearing "My Heart Will Go On" on the radio yesterday...it all came rushing back to me...12 years old, seeing the movie 4 times, positively swooning over Leonardo DiCaprio, having serious discussions with my friends about how ashamed Rose should've been for not scooting over so Jack could get out of the water, listening to the "Top 8 at 8:00" every night on 94.1 just to hear this song, pointer finger hovering over my tape player/radio with cassette tape in place so that I could hit "record" as soon as the song came on...this also reminded me of how eerily similar mine and Celine's vocal abilities are (ha)...it was a beautiful, happy moment in my day
  • not having to move classrooms this year...first time since 2007...makes a big difference in the enjoyment (and the length!) of your summer

HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.