Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:

  • my family and friends
  • my health
  • my job
  • fun plans this weekend :)
  • fall weather finally (finally???) here to stay
  • the safe rescue of all of the miners/rescuers in Chile...I watched so much of it on TV that I'm fairly positive I could rescue any of you if you got stuck in a collapsed mine
  • getting to climb Yogurt Mountain tonight with a sweet friend
  • the birth of sweet baby Luke Conerly today...so excited for Suzy and Ian!
  • the fact that I got to be friends with this cool kid for 14 years...
    (This was from Psychedelic '03, my very first sorority date party. I was new in Auburn, with 1.5 new friends and -4 date possibilities. I was planning to just wallow around in my dorm room instead of going by myself. Mikee very kindly offered to take me so I didn't have to skip out, and even willingly wore women's clothes from the thrift store. And yep, he even volunteered to go shopping with me. His $2 pants were too tight to button so we had to rig them up with a rubber band...after he laid down on my bed trying to suck it in. He even treated me to a fancy dinner of frozen burritos...heated up in the MICROWAVE, no less. Mikee made that such a fun night, and made me feel a whole lot less like a loser freshman. Easily one of the highlights of my college days.)
I miss him and that sweet smile and his crazy hair and his totally infectious laugh. A whole lot has changed in the 5 years since he left us, but he is still definitely loved and missed. Every day.
HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.