Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for . . .
  • my family and friends
  • my health
  • the grace of God
  • a weekend (and hopefully a chance to visit with sweet Olivia) on the horizon
  • my job, my students, and my coworkers
  • maintaining my patience and sense of humor (surely a God thing) on my drive to work this morning: train totally stalled on the tracks about 2 miles from the school, waited for 20 minutes, graded some papers, met a real live train engineer (with one of those nifty striped hats!), called the school to tell them I was going to be late, turned around, drove 20 miles in the opposite direction, arrived at school just after the tardy bell . . . found it a little hard to hit my groove after all that, but you do what you can do!
  • getting a call from my Mimi this afternoon . . . it's nice to know that somebody has been waiting all day just to get to chat with you . . . makes a girl feel loved
  • a math lesson both sets of kiddos are marginally excited about
  • positive experiences for my bubba at RISE and on Peds this week . . . he's better with kids than he thinks
  • the fact that I don't live in Egypt . . . or anywhere in the Middle East . . . scary place
  • this dismal weather . . . nothing like freezing temps, sleet, and ice to make you appreciate days when the weather is a kajillion times more pleasant
  • my doctor's appointment next week . . . I really, really like this doctor. A lot.
  • good news today from a friend whose much-deserved "ship" has come in
  • the fact that my book arrived today . . . it was shipped to Casa de Parents, so I hope they can keep their grubby paws off of it until I get there! I know Daddy can't WAIT to read it.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl was going to follow you...but can't see the button. Just..fyi. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.