Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday, from a very tired teacher

Today was the last day of school. I've got four years of teaching under my belt, and I've now had the privilege of teaching 99 wonderful young people. I'll miss my students, but I'm not sad about two months off to rest. This girl is more than weary!

Today I am thankful for...
  • the grace of God
  • my supremely fabulous family and friends
  • my health
  • my job...I truly think that I've been called by the Lord to do this
  • my students and their parents this year...it really was something special, and I'm glad to have been a part of it
  • Sasha...we make a pretty good teaching team!
  • Connie, who could run my classroom with her eyes closed...don't know what I'll do without her in my room next year!
  • a chips and salsa date after school today with a really great group of folks...the perfect way to celebrate the end of school
  • the students maintaining some semblance of self-control today, even after starting our morning off with the fire alarm (!) and two firetrucks (!!)...it's hard to recover from that, but they did a nice job!
  • a group of my students who let Connie and I play "Just Dance" with them at the video game truck today...I was embarrasingly bad...good exercise, though!
  • a successful 5th Grade Day ceremony yesterday
  • a work day tomorrow...it's nice to get paperwork done in a quiet, empty room :)
  • summer break
  • getting to see Kira and Elizabeth this past Tuesday
  • Suzy's new recipes this week...Loaded Potato Soup and Skyline Dip...if you think I'm not making that dip at my earliest convenience, you are sorely mistaken!
  • a shoutout on Lauren's blog...I'm so glad her college casa was unharmed when the tornado came through and that I could take a picture for her
  • summer break
  • Kate and her parents being able to carry on with their long-anticipated European vacation despite the nasty, evil, airport-closing Iceland volcano dust...can't WAIT to hear all about their trip
  • LA's dog Gidget being okay after being bitten by a rattlesnake...yikes!
  • fun summer plans and alternately, very few plans at all...having a wide open schedule makes me smile
  • a chance to rest and rejuvenate before planning for my next batch of schoolbabies
  • the American Idol finale last night...I didn't care who won, but it sure was entertaining! So many great musicians in one place, on one night...
  • air conditioning, electricity, clean running water, plenty of food, a car, shoes, clothes, a roof over my head
  • summer break
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

4 comments:

  1. we are all thankful for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, you're a sweet pea :) Enjoy your weekend!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Julie, how do you feel about summer break? LOL
    I'm so glad you have had a great week and have a quiet day tomorrow to complete your paper work. In will be looking forward to reading about your summer adventures.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annesta, I almost wrote "summer break" every other bullet, but I figured that might be overkill. Just wanted to get my point across :) I'll post about my summer adventures as soon as I quit sleeping. I must've been exhausted to sleep as much as I have these last couple of days! Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.