1. I turned another year older. My family and friends really helped make my big day precious, and I love them for it. I'll share more about the commemoration of the day of my birth (fancier than "birthday") later. It was a good, good day.
2. Shark Week...always a highlight in my summer.
3. Work started back up. Meet the Teacher is tomorrow, and school starts Thursday. I'm excited to welcome a brand new batch of schoolbabies!
4. The movie based on "The Help" comes out Wednesday. I'm pumped to see it, but the previews almost make it look like a comedy. The book certainly was not. I just hope they stay true to the book and haven't made the movie too "cutesy".
5. I've spent somewhere around $378,211.59 on supplies to get my classroom ready and prepare for the new schoolyear. I always forget what an expensive month August is.
6. I went to renew my car tag last week. I live in a county that is trying desperately to avoid filing for bankruptcy, so all the satellite DMV offices have been closed in an effort to save money. One location for everybody...inefficient to the max. It was unpleasant, to say the least. I am, however, thankful to have the money to buy my new sticker and for a safe, reliable car on which to put a tag. I am blessed.