- the good Lord, and the endless patience He has with me
- my family and friends
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- the decision to embark on a Whole30 adventure for myself...I feel incredible and am so happy I'm doing this!
- quite a bit of rain this week
- a roof over my head to get me out of the rain, a dependable car with dependable windshield wipers, food in my fridge, clean running water available whenever I want it, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, enough money to take care of my needs and a few wants every now and then
- umbrellas and rain boots
- summer break, and the fact that I have about nine glorious days left
- a great job to return to after those nine days are over
- the new schoolbabies I have the honor of teaching...I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible year!
- a lovely birthday celebration on Sunday/Monday, and the fact that my family loves me enough to make it a special day for me
- a sweet phone call and a hysterical YouTube video from Cousin Jerry on my birthday...love him
- getting to take my name off the Downton Abbey: Season 2 waiting list at the library...Mom and Daddy gave it to me as one of my birthday presents, and I took great joy in taking my name off the ever-growing waiting list!
- trips to the library
- trips to the farmers market
- Chilton county peaches
- fun plans with old friends tomorrow
- an upcoming girls' getaway with my sweet Mimi
- FriendshipFest'12 right around the corner...can't wait to see my buds!
- summer break
- being able to muster up the courage Tuesday to walk into the literacy office to tutor...I was very nervous, but it went really well. I loved it and can't wait to go back!
- electricity, and being reminded of this when my grand plans to get my classroom finished today were foiled by an hours-long power outage...drats
- my Auburn family (aka, the Buggs) and the fact that Mama Kathy is celebrating a special birthday today! Happy birthday, Mama Kathy! I hope you know how much you are loved.
- kind words and encouragement, and people who take the time to share those things
- legs and arms that do what they're supposed to do
- the ability to hear, see, smell, feel, and taste
- a fully-functioning brain
- 30 days until college football season kicks off!!
- my phone
- the Summer Olympics, even though I keep stumbling upon spoilers everywhere I turn...grrr
- the adorable new shoes I found on the clearance shelf at Target today
- a nice little visit with Mr. Steele while I was at my parents' house for my birthday...that deserves its own post
- summer break
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall! Get out there and do something with it.