Sunday, June 23, 2013

Whole30 : Day 19, 20, and 21

Day 19:

*breakfast - 3 hardboiled egg whites (I don't really like plain hardboiled yolks); whole avocado w/onion powder
*lunch - leftover Cinnamon Steak; leftover roasted carrots; 1/4 of a red bell pepper
*snack - frozen mango
*supper - half of a salad with carnitas and guacamole from Chipotle (Thanks for supper, B!)
*dessert - Banana Ice Cream

I did a bunch of cooking today so that B wouldn't have to do much cooking for himself during his work weekend. I wanted to surprise him with a little happy :) I made him Avocado Chicken Salad (I added hardboiled eggs because he likes those in there), Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Bacon (I added 1/2 of an onion, thinly sliced), and Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken Breasts. He should be set for his shifts this weekend!

We made banana ice cream for dessert tonight and it was good. I added too much coconut milk, so it was kind of runny. Boo. It was also much richer than I thought it would be; I couldn't finish mine. Pretty tasty, though.

Day 20:

*breakfast - 3 hardboiled eggs whites; whole avocado w/onion powder
*lunch - the other half of my salad from yesterday
*snack - frozen mango; handful of walnuts
*supper - hamburger patty with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms; roasted broccoli

Day 21:

*breakfast - 2 hardboiled eggs whites; 2 pieces of bacon; one banana
*lunch - leftover Cinnamon Steak; leftover roasted broccoli; one peach
*snack - carrots; walnuts
*supper - leftover hamburger patty w/caramelized onions & sauteed mushrooms; sliced tomato

I went to the farmer's market today and stocked up for the week. I can't believe we've only got 9 days left...June has flown by! B and I are both feeling really good. B says he's been sleeping better, which is especially nice since he's on night shift right now. I'm proud of him for sticking to the Whole30 even though he's working 12 hour night shifts and spends plenty of time around folks who are eating/drinking things he can't have. He's a stud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.