Monday, June 10, 2013

Whole30 : Day 7, 8, and 9

Day 7:

*breakfast - a few spoonfuls of Justin's Almond Butter (I felt nauseous again this morning. Boo. I felt much better by about 9:00, though.)
*lunch - leftover chicken with tomato gravy; wilted spinach; frozen mango
*snack - apple with natural peanut butter (This has turned into my go-to snack.)
*supper - Spaghetti Squash Carbonara (I added plenty of red pepper flakes and opted out of the Parmesan.)

Today was a good day. I had more energy and I think it's because I ate more protein at lunch. I also think the little bit of peanut butter with my snack helped.

Day 8:

*I just did some research and found out that peanuts and peanut butter aren't allowed on the Whole30. Well that's just dandy. I'm frustrated with myself for not remembering that from last year! I've been eating a little bit of peanut butter pretty much every day and now I feel like a big ol' cheater :( I'm not starting over, but I'll just steer clear from here on out. Boo.

*breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs; one Whole30-appropriate chicken sausage; 1/2 avocado with lime juice, onion powder, red pepper flakes (This is a bigger breakfast than I normally eat, but I woke up very hungry this morning. At least I wasn't feeling queasy like yesterday! I've also decided to try eating my largest meal in the morning and then eat progressively smaller meals throughout the day.)
*lunch - Avocado Chicken Salad; handful of baby carrots; frozen mango
*snack - apple with almond butter, not peanut butter (For the record, I don't like almond butter nearly as much.)
*supper - leftover Spaghetti Squash Carbonara

Great day. Tons of energy!

Day 9:

*breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs; one chicken sausage (Protein on top of protein is hardly my favorite breakfast; it's tough for me to get that down first thing in the morning. I was just making do until I could get to the grocery store.)
*lunch - leftover Avocado Chicken Salad with a whole bunch of spinach (needed some veggies after my breakfast)
*snack - apple with Justin's Almond Butter
*supper - Cinnamon Steak; roasted sweet potatoes with bacon; sugar snap peas

Another great day! I did Pilates for about an hour today and it was REALLY tough but was able to get through all of it. Yay! Now, whether my muscles hurt too much to get out of bed in the morning may be a different story.

I fixed sweet potatoes tonight to convince B that they can be good. I decided bacon was the best way to do that, and it worked...he liked them :) I prefer them without bacon, so I had to find a recipe to make for him. When I make them for myself, I use olive oil, salt, and onion powder. I'm just happy B ate them AND took leftovers home. Victory!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.