Monday, June 17, 2013

Whole30 : Days 13, 14, and 15

Day 13:

*breakfast - apple with almond butter (I haven't been doing great for breakfast. I just haven't felt much like eating when I wake up. My goal next week is to do better with this!)
*lunch - leftover Enchilada Chicken Stew with an avocado; a whole bunch of snow peas
*snack - Apple Pie Larabar
*supper - hamburger lettuce wraps with caramelized onion and mashed avocado

Day 14:

*breakfast - handful of walnuts; Coconut Cream Pie Larabar
*lunch - Chicken Casserole
*supper - Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Meatballs

Day 15:

*breakfast - 2 hardboiled eggs; handful of walnuts
*lunch - bunless hamburger with mustard, lettuce, tomato; Whole30-compliant andouille sausage; roasted green beans (Happy Father's Day!!!)
*snack - handful of baby carrots
*supper - leftover chili with wilted spinach

Day 14 was really tough. I spent that day with B, and we didn't do a great job of planning our meals. We waited until we were getting hungry to start thinking about what to eat, and then we still had to go buy the groceries, and THEN we had to cook everything. No bueno. I was ravenous by the time the food was ready. I have blood sugar issues and one of my signs that I'm getting to "the danger zone" is intense grumpiness. Bless B's heart...he was so patient with me and did the majority of the cooking so that I could get food in my stomach ASAP. I think he was just trying to do whatever he could to get his normal girlfriend back :) He is so, so sweet to me and I'm thankful for him every single day!

On his next weekend off, we'll do much better with the planning and will make sure we're armed with what we need for our meals BEFORE we get hungry.

I really liked the chicken casserole, and B thought it was pretty good. We both loved the meatballs. (He made those entirely by himself, by the way, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I love him!)

Halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.