Monday, April 5, 2010

Titan goes to Target

I had to write this down before I forgot...I ran into Target for a quick second this evening. I was cruising the toothpaste aisle when a blood-curdling scream grabbed my attention. I turned around to see a little boy (maybe 3 years old) laying in the floor, screeching, and hurling bottles of mouthwash across the aisle. I stared in alarm, and his mother looked on in a mix of horror and awe. He was pitching himself the fit to end all fits. (Apparently I used to throw awe-inspiring fits myself...the stuff of legends, I'm told.)

Poor Mama just stood there trying to decide what to do with her Listerine-chunking child. She finally said, "Titan, I don't know why you're acting like this! What's wrong?" Uh, allow me. Titan??? I'm a fan of naming your child something that 12 other kids in their class won't share, but seriously? The kid is probably so very displeased that he's named TITAN that he just couldn't take it anymore. It might have also just hit him that he'll never find a little license plate with his name on it at Alvin's Island down at the beach, and he decided to fight back. Regardless, I hit the road and left Titan to his tantrum. I must admit, I said a silent prayer of thanks when I got back to my Titan-free home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.