Thursday, May 27, 2010

D.O.N.E. (and T.E.N.U.R.E.D.)--a special edition of Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:
  • this wonderful school year...incredible kids who made it easier for me to get out of bed each morning, great parents, fun coworkers, lots of lessons learned, sweet memories
  • finally being tenured, in an "unofficially official" way :) WOOHOO!!!
  • summer break :) :) :)
  • the fun little cleaning/dance party we had today...I cranked up some Justin Bieber and the kiddos had the classroom cleaned top to bottom in a little over an hour! You know those scary ants that live in the jungle? The ones that swarm on their prey and have it reduced to nothing but bones in like 7 seconds? That's what my students did to my classroom today. I stood in awe.
  • my family and friends (particularly Uncle Mark and Cousin Jerry...happy happy birthday to them today!)
  • the ability to remain faithful even when you don't understand how bad things fit into the grand scheme of life
  • finally deciding to start grad school in the fall...well, if UAB will have me, that is! In fact, I'm fixing to register for the GRE once I finish typing this!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.