Saturday, May 29, 2010

life-changing


I'm currently re-reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. This will be go-around #3. I think this book has affected me more profoundly than anything I've ever read (except for Gone with the Wind...it speaks to my inner Scarlett and makes me want to wear a hoop skirt and live at Tara and marry a blockade runner). I don't normally read a lot of Christian fiction because I find it preachy and a bit cheesy. *Does that make me a bad Christian? I'll ponder this.* This one is phenomenal, though. Laura gave me her copy a few summers ago and told me it would change my life. I rolled my eyes, thanked her, and then texted her numerous times a day during my reading to profess my love for the book. I would set out to read "just one more chapter" before bed, and then look at my clock and see 2:00 staring back at me. Laura was right...I, of course, was wrong.

The plot is amazing and it really, truly makes you think about the depth of God's love for us. The prologue is particularly gut-wrenching, but it's so worth it in the end. I really think this should be required reading for every woman on the planet. In fact, if I was filthy rich, I'd buy all of them a copy. But I'm not, so I won't...sorry ladies. I'll just blog about it. If you're looking for something to fill out your summer reading list, add Redeeming Love to it. It will change your life. Roll your eyes if you want to, but on this little matter, I'm right and you're wrong. Read it. Be changed. The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.