Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6th

Today is the 66th anniversary of the D-Day invasion, and I'm surprised that there was almost no mention of this on the TV or radio today (at least not that I noticed). I found a link to something and decided it was worth putting up here. It's the late, great Mr. Reagan giving a speech in Normandy on June 6, 1984; definitely worth watching and reading. http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/ronaldreaganddayaddress.html

Today is also this fella's 26th birthday.
This is my new favorite picture of Oliver; he's such a sweet daddy already to Elizabeth. I love Oliver because he loves Kira...that's a must if you're going to marry one of my friends! I also love him because, whenever I'm with just him and Kira, he automatically makes himself the third wheel so that I don't have to be. I don't know if he even notices that he does that, but I do. And I adore him for it. Happy birthday, Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.