Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today was one of those days where I thought it was Wednesday until about 1:00. Those days leave me feeling a little unsettled. What day is it? Who am I? What does it all mean?? It is indeed not Wednesday. It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday. Which is never a bad thing. Unless it's not REALLY Friday, which, with my luck, could be true. Make sense? That's what I thought.

Today I am thankful for:
  • my family and friends...excited to see some of the aforementioned on Saturday
  • the genealogy lesson Grandad and I have planned for this weekend
  • my health
  • my job
  • the many things I'm destined to learn from my darlings this school year :)
  • tomorrow being the last day of my morning duty until November...I forget how much I can get accomplished in 30 minutes until I have to spend those 30 minutes supervising kiddos before school!
  • the "lightbulb moment" I had with a student during math today...makes it all worthwhile!
  • my tenure pay raise coming up...woohoo!
  • a few more days "off" before I dive headfirst into grad school
  • Sasha's successful interview (say that 3 times fast) today...even though we're branching off down separate post-grad paths, I'm glad I'll have an "I'm going back to school, too" buddy
  • supper with Byrne last night
  • feeling better than I did last week
  • the little, super-subtle whisper of fall we got to feel for a few days...it's coming!
  • the beginnings of a way fun, wide open spaces kinda trip starting to stir
  • a weekend to regroup and rest and pull the pieces of myself back together...gotta love the first few weeks of school

HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.