Sunday, September 26, 2010

Publix's #1 fan

I set out to do a little stocking up at Publix yesterday and was most delighted with the results. This may just be my biggest haul (and biggest savings) yet...

Total before coupons/store deals: $79.68

Total after coupons/store deals: $40.70

(Total savings: $38.98)

I was the most excited about the 8 cans of soup I got for $7.16...they were Buy One, Get One Free and I had some coupons. Now, what I'm going to do with 8 cans of soup? Not sure. My grandbabies can probably help me finish them off someday. Seeing all that Progresso soup in my buggy took me back to my dorm days, when I lived off of Progresso and Lean Cuisines. At least it wasn't Ramen noodles and pizza!

I was also pretty thrilled with the 4 bags of frozen veggies I got for $3.48...also Buy One, Get One Free in addition to my coupons.

I've been stockpiling spice cake mix for my pumpkin muffins whenever it's been BOGO since this summer, and this week Craisins are BOGO. I think I'll go back and get some more this week. Then, whenever I want to make the muffins, all I'll need to buy is eggs. Just waiting for the temperature to drop below 95 so I can whip some up. Where are you, fall???

It's a good feeling to know that I managed to snag some groceries that should last more than a week for just over $40. I'll take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.