Friday, December 17, 2010

Rolo-pretzel things

I guess I could come up with a better name, but that's exactly what these are: things made out of Rolos and pretzels. Fitting, no? I made these for my 5th grade teammates as Christmas presents last year and decided to churn 'em out again this year. Here's the recipe...easy, easy, easy!

Rolo-Pretzel Things

pretzels (I use the "windowpane" ones because I like the way they look, but any kind except sticks would work.)
Rolos

Lay a bunch of pretzels out on a baking sheet. (For the love of all that is good and decent, use foil. Learn from my mistake last year. I was still scraping Rolo mess off my cookie sheets by Valentines Day.)

Unwrap enough Rolos to top each pretzel and place on top. (If you can con someone else into doing this part for you, do it. It's definitely the least fun step.)


Bake at 250 for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and smush another pretzel on top. Let cool. Done.


*I've seen a variation of this where people smush a pecan half on top. I just use another pretzel because I like the pretzel/chocolate combo. Oh yeah, and pretzels are way cheaper than pecans. The pecan ones are good, though. They taste very "turtle-y".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.