Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...
  • my family and friends
  • my health
  • my job
  • peace and hope and joy and faith and gratitude
  • the safe arrival of baby Sam Landrum today...best Christmas present ever for the Landrum fam!
  • my Monday morning prayer group at school...so glad I've started going this year
  • a break in the sub-freezing temperatures
  • not having to drip my faucets last night
  • not having to scrape ice off my windshield this morning
  • getting our salt dough ornaments made and decorated...sent these little guys packin' today!
  • Beth...could NOT have managed the salt dough/painting/glittering/ribboning/glazing/packaging bonanza without her
  • a chance to start (yep, start) my Christmas shopping this weekend
  • a visit from my bubba today...he ate Chicken Supreme in the lunchroom...he played football (quarterback!) at recess...he schmoozed with mamas at our Christmas party...he did it all because he knew it would make me happy...seriously made my day
  • a fun, successful, well-organized Christmas party
  • the Christmas party being over (really, really fun and all)...I'm exhausted
  • the Honors Club meeting being over...I'm exhausted
  • school being over as of tomorrow...I'm exhau...(you get the idea)
  • Christmas break dangling right in front of me...glittery, shiny, warm, cozy, beautiful, peaceful Christmas break :)
  • most of my kiddos being genuinely excited about their Christmas presents from me (whiteboards, markers, felt "erasers")
  • Birmingham's Christmas tree being replaced after someone burnt the first one down...somebody's getting a lump of coal from Santa Claus this year!
  • getting to watch "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" today...never gets old! The kiddos loved it. And I still think the Abominable Snowman is kinda scary. Always has been. Always will be. Amen.
HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.