Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I am blessed to have a car. I am blessed to have a car. I am blessed...

This was my mantra this evening. I repeated it over and over as I took Mitzy in to replace some tires. I repeated it over and over as I killed over two hours at the Galleria (just thankful I didn't have to sit and read car magazines for two hours!). Due to my trip to the Galleria, I got the following things accomplished: chose my wedding china that I'll register for in approximately 31 years, cruised through National Championship t-shirts, narrowly avoided being lured in for a Healing Asian Massage, got a balloon from a clown (whom I also tried to avoid), and rode the glass elevator twice. You know, just for fun. I reminded myself how blessed I am to have a car when Mitzy's new tires cost me my "fun money" for the next two months. I reminded myself how blessed I am to have a car when I remembered that, due to her incredible alignment issues, I shall most definitely be buying more tires within the year. That Mitzy. She's a high-maintenance chick!

I'm also blessed to have a cell phone. I don't think I've ever thought about that until mine totally stopped working today. You know, while waiting for my car (which also sometimes stops working) to be fixed. I made a pit stop at the AT&T place to see what could be done. My feelings were ALMOST hurt when Chris (my new AT&T friend) looked at my circa-2008 phone and said, "Oh cute! A flip phone!" You know, Chris, some of us couldn't give a rat's behiney about the latest in phone technology. I just want one I can talk on occasionally. It was like I had whipped out a Zack Morris phone or something. He ended up being quite helpful and fixed my phone, but told me it was on its last leg. Oh yeah, and I lost most of my numbers. Swell.

Yall, this "being thankful at all times" thing is really hard. It's a discipline! Have you ever tried it? As difficult as it is sometimes, I love it because it helps keep life in perspective. And that's never a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. Bless you heart. Rough day. We are going to be using some of our fun money on some new tires too soon...tires cost way too much money! War Eagle friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.