Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden

I just turned on the Golden Globes pre-show, and I'm most excited. I love awards shows. My favorite part is seeing what everyone is wearing and how they chose to do their hair and makeup. The Golden Globes is my favorite because it's more low-key and fun than the Oscars, and awards are given for movies and TV shows. I've often thought how much fun I would have as a seat-filler. How great must it be for celebrities to get to do this kind of thing all the time?

Reality check. Having to prance around on the red carpet with a bunch of other girls who weigh about 90 lbs a piece? Ick. Being interviewed by everybody in sight and knowing that they're judging the stink out of me? No thanks. The threat that I could end up on Joan Rivers' worst dressed list? Egads. The almost certain probability that I would lose an earring, fall off my stilettos, sweat through my fancy dress, or have something in my teeth? Nightmare. I would be a giant walking, talking ball of "oh, bless her heart".

Perspective is a good thing. I'll keep my viewing party in my pajamas on my little couch any day, thankyouverymuch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.