Monday, January 10, 2011

That's all, folks!

Case in point: the very reason I don't freak out about "4 inches of snow by morning!!". This is ALL we got in central AL, and it's just ice. Messy, slippery ice. Pretty dadgum glad I didn't buy a buggy full of groceries and fill up my bathtub with water. Oh well. At least school was called off last night and I didn't have to wake up at 5:30...always a pick-me-up! And I got to take some pictures of frozen things. Who doesn't love taking pictures of frozen things? I tried to take one of a beautiful red cardinal, who was posing like a pro in the frozen magnolia tree, but every time I would go to click, homeboy would fly off. Then, he would come right back and pose again. I never got my shot. Tease.

Don't you think Mitzy looks like a regal ice princess? Me too. She likes to hear that kind of thing every now and then. Makes her feel pretty.

Magnolia tree...sans pretty red cardinal. Tease.

(One of the best pics I've ever taken, in my supremely humble opinion...I adore this one. A lot.)

At least having the day off will give me time to work on The Project. I got a lot done yesterday and, as long as my power stays on, I'll be 50% done by the end of the day.

On another note, today is a very, very exciting day. After a 53 year dry spell, my precious Tigers are playing for the National Championship. Tonight. I'm giddy. I'm nervous. I'm giddy again. I've loved all the signs, posters, flags, t-shirts, etc. I've seen all over town lately. I saw this at Dick's a few days ago, and it brought a smile to my face. It reminded me of my old glory days back in Auburn.



A big, fat, robust WAR EAGLE to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.