Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Drivel

I have a nearly constant stream of random thoughts in my mind at all waking moments. I sincerely feel that this is why I can't remember pertinent, need-it-right-this-second information . . . my mind is packed to the brim with utter drivel.

  • I'm tired of the cold weather. It's fun and all in November and December but come New Year's, the shine has worn off. I know it's not nearly as frigid here in Alabama as it is across the country, but still. I don't love the blazing hotness of summer, but spring and fall are deliciously ideal.
  •  
  • Don't know why my bullets are double-timing in this post. Kinda bothered by it, but not enough to investigate.
  •  
  • I had a dream last night that I went to Heaven. I was waiting in line and singing with the girl behind me. Oh, we were having a conversation, but it was happening in song. As we got closer to the pearly gates, we both got our first whiff of Heaven, and it smelled like cotton candy. Yum. The girl behind me was really disappointed and sang a "I hate cotton candy" song. When we met the good Lord, I got to go straight to the "woohoo, I'm in Heaven!" party, and she had to sit in the time-out chair for complaining. Whiners never win, chica!
  • Why would you go to a hotel to get butt implants? Why would you get butt implants everatallforanyreason? Ick.
  •  
  • I made myself slow down on my Pioneer Woman book. It was going so fast and I'm not ready for it to be over. Love it. Love her.
  •  
  • I'm glad our walking club met again today. I don't care that there are only two members . . . and we've only met twice. We can call it a walking club if we want to.
  •  
  • I've been eating cucumbers for snacks. Like, 4 cucumbers a week. Can't get enough. It occurred to me today that this may be strange and excessive. Do other people eat cucumbers for snacks? And love it?
  • I watched the premiere of "American Idol" this season to see a guy I went to Auburn with audition (goin' to Hollywood!). I was surprised to find, after all these years of shunning the show, that I like it! I think I liked the concept all along, but just wasn't a fan of Simon or Paula. I love, love, LOVE Steven Tyler on there. He's funny and sweet and genuine and positive. When he hears something he likes, he closes his eyes and just grooves. I love it. I want to go have lunch with him.
  •  
  • I was in Key Club in high school, and my favorite once-a-year service activity was Kazoo Live. Basically, you got to dress up as one of the characters from popular PBS cartoons, walk around the mall, and hang out with the kiddies. I got to be Clifford the Big Red Dog one year, giant Clifford head and all. My mom came to the mall to see me in action . . . must've been one of her proudest moments.
If you made it this far, thanks for reading my mindless drivel (some of you day after day!). Maybe now that I've unloaded this, I'll be able to do something productive this evening. Maybe. Probably not, though . . . just keepin' it real.

3 comments:

  1. Haa, love the idea of you walking around with the giant big red dog head in the mall. I had a sign language concert in the mall once. Some gang bangers threw up their own hand signals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very ready for spring as well! It is snowing here and the excitement is wearing off. We too are big fans of this season on American Idol...Steven Tyler is great! Is there a picture of Clifford floating around somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.