Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I almost nixed my Thankful Thursday post this evening. I'm tired. I'm grumpy, and have been all day. I'm cold. I can't muster up enough motivation to get ready for work tomorrow. I'm in need of much encouragement. I hope nobody needs anything from me the rest of the night, 'cause I got nothin' left to give. My no-sugar resolution went down in a big, fat, flaming ball of failure. I don't want to get into the ugly details, but Girl Scout cookies may or may not have been involved. Overall, it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

However, I'm forcing myself to carry on with Thankful Thursday because God has blessed me beyond measure and deserves to be recognized. I'm declaring this pity party officially over.

Today I am thankful for . . .
  • God's grace and love and guidance and forgiveness and patience . . . oh, His patience with me
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and hopefully some positive changes around the corner
  • my job
  • my students and the fact that they provide me with absolutely no opportunities to be lazy at work
  • Monday morning prayer group
  • Career Day tomorrow at school . . . much-needed day "off"
  • fun plans of the rodeo variety for the end of the month
  • my new perfume . . . still makes me happy
  • warmer weather right around the corner
  • a warm, cozy place to go to when I need to get out of this weather
  • a car that gets me where I need to go when I want to go there
  • living near enough to my family to visit on a whim
  • getting to see the beautiful, untouched snow all over the hillsides and trees while driving to work this morning
  • surprising the kiddos with a play-in-the-snow party at 8 AM
  • some new readers to the ol' blog lately . . . I blog about things that interest me and often feel amazed that anyone else would want to read all this mess . . . glad to have ya, though!
  • second chances (and third chances . . . thirteenth chances . . . millionth chances)
  • the chance to celebrate my Mimi and Mama over the next week
  • a fun science experiment planned for tomorrow . . . I'm boiling some red cabbage right now . . . did you know you can test the acidity/alkalinity of substances by mixing them with red cabbage juice? If you were in my class, you'd get to try it out tomorrow.
  • getting to see this last night:
  • As much as I long for spring, I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing snow pouring from the sky. This Alabama girl still thinks, "Oh my gosh, it's SNOWING!!!!" every time it comes down.
    HAPPY WEEKEND,
     and here's to tomorrow being the polar opposite of terrible, horrible, no good, and very bad!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your day was not the best...you deserve way better than that! I am thankful for all of your sweet comments about our silly little life. My grandmother asked, "Who is J on your blog?" You are a good friend and a great teacher who I can tell makes the extra effort for her kiddos...that is very special and I wish I had had a teacher who used red cabbage juice to teach me! That is special. Love you snowy sky pic by the way. Owen sends you a big hug. You two have got to meet sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, thank you so much for your kind words! That means more to me than you know! I love your blog and keeping in touch with your little family. I feel like I know Owen through all your posts...we do need to meet each other one day :) I hope you have a fabulous, sunshiney weekend!

    PS--Next time I see you, I'll bring some cabbage juice if you feel like doing a science experiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through your link you put up on Pioneer Woman! I really enjoy her blog, too. I still haven't gotten her book, yet though. Am putting it off. Well, I had to come by and say hello, since our blog titles are basically the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through a link on PW and have had a delightful time perusing your blog. You have a fresh, transparent way of writing. I especially liked your post for Thursday as you model what we all need to do...close our our pity party of one and focus on all the gifts that God gives us.
    praying that you have a wonderful Sabbath rest!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.