Sunday, February 27, 2011

A hodgepodge of drivel

Drivel. It's what I do. I'm stuffed to the brim with it.

*Tonight is Oscar night. This makes me very happy. My favorite part is watching the red carpet interviews and seeing what everyone is wearing. I look forward to calling Mom 64 times during the red carpet pre-show to see what she's thinking. She told me earlier she's charging her phone so that it can hold up through all the Oscar night calling. I didn't know whether to be embarrassed or proud. I'm also pulling for The King's Speech in a large way. I know they all truly appreciate my support; my thank you note will surely be along in the mail any day now.

*Kate and I went to the Shelby County Rodeo last night. I loved it. I'm almost positive that we were the only ones cruising up to the rodeo in a sweet rental Ford Taurus. Pictures from the night on their way.

*Speaking of Ford Tauruses, I've got a rental car for the week. Reason : I'm buying a new car! Yep, my decision has been made. I didn't realize how excited I would be about this. Although this isn't even kinda what I had planned, I'm rolling with it. After looking around with Daddy yesterday and taking a few test drives, I've almost decided. Pinky promise me you won't tell Mitzy she's a goner until I can figure out how to break it to her. Promise??? Poor old girl.

*My class went to see a Mary Kay lady at Career Day a few weeks ago, and she told me something that I can't get out of my head. According to her, for every night you don't take off your makeup, you age your face 13 days. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate, but buddy, you better believe I'm washing this mug of mine before it hits my pillow every night!

*Today is this cool kid's 26th birthday:
This is us at Alpha Gam's fall formal our senior year - 2006. I've known him over 20 years . . . almost as long as my own brother . . . and I think he's kinda cool. I'm blessed to be able to count his equally kinda cool wife as a friend, also. These last few years are the first time we've ever not lived in the same city (including college) and I'm not a huge fan. Luke and Adrienne, move back ASAP, 'k? Thanks. Happy birthday, kinda cool Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.