Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Know what I love?


Bradford pear trees. More specifically, Bradford pear trees when their tiny, beautiful white flowers start blooming. Even more specifically, Bradford pear trees when their tiny, beautiful white flowers stick around while the bright green leaves, excited to meet the world, push their way through.

I had to stop and take this picture before I left for work the other morning. I had a feeling this torrential monsoon we're in the midst of would wash away the blooms, and I was right. I'm glad I made myself stop for two minutes to marvel at this gorgeous creation.


Absolute spring-y perfection. That creamy white and brand-spankin'-new green are two of God's most glorious colors, don't ya think? If we get something this pretty to look at here, I can't begin to imagine what sort of goodies we've got waiting on us in Heaven.

I think I'll spend some time reflecting on this picture tomorrow when the temperature refuses to rise above 45. You know, 'cause it's wintertime again. Those lovely Bradford pear trees remind me that winter can't last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.