- the awe-inspiring grace of God
- my lovely family and friends
- my health
- the health of my loved ones
- my job, and the summer break it provides me
- summer break, which is going by a smidge too quickly for my taste
- plenty of food to eat, clean water to drink, a roof over my head, clothes to wear, shoes on my feet, a car that runs every time I start it, electricity
- air conditioning
- my Bubba's successful wisdom teeth surgery this morning...I'm glad he's feeling okay and won't even hold it against him that he texted me about the surgery while he was, ahem, sitting in the dentist's chair
- two lovely houseguests this week...one of the college roommate variety, and one of the college roommate's toddler daughter variety...I have a newfound respect for mothers of wee ones, and I enjoyed the stink out of their visit this week. Come back soon, Kira and Elizabeth!
- some killer new books from the library...I'll report back as soon as I finish them
- 65 days until football season kicks off :)
- fun Fourth of July plans...it's hands-down one of my favorite holidays
- a well-deserved week off for Annesta next week...enjoy it, friend!
- a so-far successful "no mo' pudge" campaign for Lauren...homegirl makes me laugh, and I wish we lived close enough to hang out on the regular!
- Suzy's recipes this week: Chik and Taters and Chicken Crunch
- one more glorious month of summer break until I head back to work...you better believe I plan to wallow around in every beautiful second of it!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!