Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence is a marvelous thing


Happy Independence Day to you and yours! What a blessing it is to live in a country where we enjoy so many freedoms. Thanks to the men and women (past, present, and future) who fight so hard to defend this great nation of ours. Thanks also to the family members who fight the good fight at home.

A very special thank you to my friend Julie E., and her husband Mark. Mark is spending this Independence Day in Afghanistan, serving with the Army. Sweet Julie is holding down the fort at home, raising their little one who is celebrating his first Independence Day today. I so admire her strength and bravery.

Enjoy your day, friends, and let freedom ring! I plan to exercise my right to eat obscene quantities of potato salad. What's on your agenda?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth to you, too! We had a great time and will post shortly. Especially happy that I am still off the rest of the week...yippeeeee!
    Enjoy the rest of your evening.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annesta, I'm glad enjoyed your day. I'm REALLY glad you've got the whole week off...woohoooooo! Enjoy it, friend.

    Thanks for dropping in!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! Josh and I are in Birmingham until Friday.. He has to work up here! So tell me.. What's your favorite place to eat? =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.