Friday, July 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday, 'cuz it's Friday and all

I thought about my Thankful Thursday post all day yesterday and kept saying, "Self, go post it." You can see that "self" never got on it. Thus, I present Thankful Thursday on a Friday.

Today I am thankful for...
  • the never-ending patience, love, and guidance of the good Lord
  • my family and friends
  • the health and safety of my family and friends
  • my health
  • the fact that I have a job to return to when this glorious summer break comes to an end
  • getting to meet some of my new students and their parents at registration this week...I seem to have a pretty great class, and I'm very much looking forward to this new school year!
  • such a lovely, enjoyable trip to Texas last weekend
  • air conditioning
  • the fact that this nasty, hard-to-breathe-in humidity will be gone in, oh, about 3 months or so
  • the library and the fact that I'm literate
  • clean, running water whenever I want it, a roof over my head, clothes to wear, shoes on my feet, a car that gets me where I need to go
  • enough money to take care of my needs and, occasionally, my wants
  • my birthday coming up...another year down is always a good thing!
  • a great technology workshop yesterday, and I'm glad Renita and Laura were there, as well
  • Suzy's recipes this week...Chocolate Crinkles (sounds perfect for a party or shower) and Kool-Aid Grapes (fun treat that left me wondering, "Why haven't I ever thought of that?!")
  • Tortellini Primavera, which I've shared here before and made again last night...I used mushrooms, spinach, red bell pepper, and a package of frozen peas (thawed) this time...make this and be ready to fall in love with it!
  • my blog friends...yall are pretty wonderful and I love ya :)

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!
Be sure to tell someone you love them this weekend.

If you're a praying person, please keep the family and friends of Rachel Donaldson Robbins in your prayers. She went on to glory very unexpectedly Wednesday, leaving behind a sweet baby boy, a husband, and lots of family and friends. I know they would all appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. So I am thinking that an Auburn football tailgating experience is a must this fall. Mr. Owen needs to experience such good times and I might be thinking of another Baby E who would be a good playmate. Is our friend Ms. Julie going to any Auburn games? You have just got to meet your little buddy in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I just left a comment on your blog. YES, I'm planning to go to Auburn this fall and YES, I need to meet Mr. Owen! I can't believe he's nearly a year old. Time flies. I'll definitely let you know which games I plan to go to and we'll see if we can coordinate. Happy weekend, friend!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.