Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Thanksgiving edition

Okay, so it's not Thanksgiving anymore. Close enough!

Today I am thankful for...
  • the grace and patience and forgiveness of the good Lord
  • my family, friends, and my dear Doc
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones...I hope I never take that for granted
  • a lovely Thanksgiving spent with the people I love
  • turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce
  • the fact that my loved ones still love me in spite of the obscene quantities of turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce I took down yesterday
  • a fun little date night this evening
  • reminders to focus on the positive and be optimistic
  • the fact that (although to my disappointment) things don't always go like I want them to...the good Lord is much better at planning than I am
  • reminders this week to be selfless and put others before myself
  • my Mama's wisdom, and that she always chooses to share it just when I need it
  • getting to visit with Daddy on his lunch break today...we're like the 2 Musketeers
  • all that's happening right now for my Bubba...a finished preceptorship (yay!), graduation right around the corner, and a job already lined up...God is so good!
  • the fact that anybody wants to read the drivel I put on my long-neglected little blog
  • a break from work to recharge my batteries a bit
  • a sweet, out-of-the-blue card in the mail this week...finding something fun in my mailbox makes me geekily excited
  • the opportunity to travel to God's country (aka, Auburn) for the Iron Bowl this weekend
  • laughter
  • shoes on my feet, food in my fridge, clothes in my closet, a roof over my head, clean running water, a car, and a little bit of money left in my bank account at the end of the month
  • my job, my coworkers, and the fun little people I spend my days with
  • the ridiculously comfortable new bed in my room at my parents' house...I had a hard time dragging myself away from it today
  • clean sheets
  • hot showers
  • Excedrin
  • crunchy leaves
  • beautiful, beautiful fall weather
  • weekends

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

  1. We do have so much to be thankful for, right? And stopping to make note of each blessing not only blesses self but others.
    So happy to "see" you and know how you are doing!
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.