Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...
  • the mind-boggling amount of love and patience the good Lord has when dealing with me...amazing
  • my family, friends, and my sweet Doc
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones...don't ever take it for granted, folks!
  • a two-day work week coming up
  • a fantastically beautiful sunset this evening
  • the really, really good news (of the job offer variety) my sweet, soon-to-be-a-graduate brother called to share with me tonight...what a blessing!
  • Thanksgiving right around the corner...one of my favorites!
  • Thanksgiving lunch at school today...I literally look forward to it all year and it didn't disappoint!
  • a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a car that runs, food in my fridge, clean running water, enough money to cover my needs and take care of a few "wants" every now and then
  • employment, the people I work with, and the students I get to spend time with
  • the new student joining our class tomorrow...I'm nervous and excited...hope that I'll be a blessing to him this year
  • a two-day work week coming up
  • the urge to make a "Thankful Thursday" list after being a total slacker lately
  • a chance to celebrate our precious counselor Toni at her retirement party today...I am truly a better person for knowing her and so admire her...she's made more of a difference than she'll ever know, and I wish her the best of luck in her new adventure!
  • lots of things in life to look forward to
  • a reminder this week that contentment is a conscious choice (not a feeling), and something that you have to work at every day...so freeing when you realize that
  • a two-day work week coming up
  • some cooler weather after oddly warm, humid weather all week
  • our great state making it through our first "tornado weather" since April...seeing that radar yesterday put me on edge a bit
  • learning something new today: horses can't vomit...seriously, they can't...look it up
  • the opportunity to bring such random, mostly useless knowledge (such as the above) to the world...you're welcome
  • a fun holiday season coming up
  • some really great conversations and lessons with my students this week about Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving...I adore 5th grade social studies
  • a two-day work week coming up

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy reading your thankful lists! We all truly do have so many things to be thankful for. So glad you are doing well, enjoy your 2 day work week and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, your back!!!!! I love, love reading your blog. Say, I meant to ask you, do you get off for Thanksgiving holiday or must you work all week? LOL...
    You do have so much to be thankful for. You make sure that you tell your counselor friend congratulations from me. I'm right behind her as this is my 32 year.
    Happy thanksgiving, sweet friend.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.