Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dogtrot

I love old houses. Love, love, love, love them. I seek them out whenever I travel somewhere. I love to think about who lived there, what their lives were like, and what the area looked like when the house was first built.

This beauty is about 10 minutes from where I live, located on the road I take when I visit family in my hometown. I could take the interstate, but I choose not to. While the interstate is easy and efficient, it's ugly...plain and simple. I prefer pretty, thanks. That's why I choose to take the pretty back road with the pretty dogtrot house.



{The wisteria was pretty enough to make it into the picture. 'Cuz you know I'm all about pretty and all.}


{That ultra-crispy greenery left over from Christmas is kind of uglying up the pretty. Somebody should get right on that.}



I'm just crazy about this house, and have been for as long as I can remember. I wish I could see what this area, just a stone's throw from the interstate and surrounded by neighborhoods, looked like back in the day. Think of all that the residents of this little home must've seen! It was built only two decades after our fair state became a state, and was built a good two decades before the Civil War started. Oh, to go back in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.