- the grace of the good Lord, which He extends to me on an hourly basis
- my family and friends, and the fact that they love me exactly like I am
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- a roof over my head, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, clean running water, hot showers, a car that gets awesome gas mileage, enough money in the bank to get me through the month...every month
- my job, and the little people I spend my time with
- my coworkers...our impromptu gathering in my room this afternoon reminded me of how blessed I am to love my job and the people I work with
- spring break
- a wonderful Career Day last week...Renita and Emily did such a great job, and we all had such a delightful day!
- Wednesday night supper club
- more sunshine in the evenings
- a phone date with my darling Kate planned for this evening
- the pounding headache I have right now, because it makes me appreciate the times when I don't have a pounding headache
- a very fun field trip today...great activities + great weather + (mostly) great behavior from the kids = success
- a student singing "Amazing Grace" to me today...we went out on the playground when we got back from our field trip, and one of my students asked if she could sing something for me. I almost said no because of the aforementioned pounding headache and because I wanted a few moments of peace and quiet for myself. I told her yes instead, and was treated to a very sweet, very sincere rendition of one of my all-time favorite hymns. She said she sometimes sings it to her grandmother who lives in Heaven. I can't believe I nearly missed that precious little moment in time.
- spring break
- celebrating Pi Day for the first time yesterday...the kids had a BALL. Hearing them call out "Happy Pi Day!" up and down the hallway and seeing Pi symbols painted on their faces made my heart happy. Now, if only I could convince them to be that excited about math all the time...
- the fact that I have a job that gives me breaks throughout the year
- three fun trips in the works over the next few months
- Titanic...back out in theaters...3D...absolutely. cannot. wait.
- beautiful weather, even though it is a smidge warm...mid 80s doesn't quite scream "middle of March" to me
- my poor, pollen-hating sinuses struggling to do their job, because it makes me appreciate the times when they do actually manage to get their job done
- a long overdue chat with Kira last weekend
- Match Day finally arriving...thinking of you tomorrow, dear David and Elizabeth! It will all work out the way it's supposed to, and I can't wait to see where the good Lord decides to send you on your next big Johnson family adventure!
- the opportunity to live in a country that lets me vote...I know in a literal sense one vote doesn't matter, but what an incredible privilege we have as American citizens! Now, if I could just find a candidate to get really excited about...
- spring break
Thursday, March 15, 2012
This week has been an endurance test, and I'm exhausted. One more day 'til spring break. These kiddos and I sure have earned it! Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!