Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

What. A. Week. Good, but absolutely nonstop. Whew. I am weary, but happy. Today I am thankful for...

  • the grace and never-ending patience the good Lord extends to me on a daily basis
  • my family and friends...truly the best in the world
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a successful surgery for Uncle Robert (my great-uncle) this week...he's still got a very long road ahead of him, so prayers are welcome
  • my job, my coworkers, and the little people I am blessed to spend most of my daylight hours with
  • enough money to cover my needs, and a teeny tiny bit left for some wants every now and then
  • a roof over my head, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, clean running water, electricity, a sweet little car that gets me where I need to go in a fuel-efficient manner :)
  • this, from my devotional email today: "Today, as you go through the tasks of daily living, pay attention to those around you. You never know when someone in your path may be your special assignment from God." Awesome, and so true.
  • getting my car paid off
  • the ability to hear...and see...and walk...and think
  • the safe, happy arrival of William Daniel Remmert yesterday...blessings to you and your new family of three, dearest Luke and Adrienne!
  • Wednesday night supper club...great girls, great conversation, GREAT food, lots of laughs...good for the soul
  • muscadine wine
  • a positive attitude
  • 6 more schooldays until spring break
  • a job that gives me some nice breaks throughout the year to recoup
  • getting to go observe a teacher at another school yesterday morning...I got some great ideas and that small change in routine was exactly what I needed. It's amazing what changing things up a bit will do for ya!
  • the fact that I am literate
  • some wonderful new books from the library
  • book fair at school this week...always a good time!
  • opening the windows up to listen to the rain fall
  • the darling haircut I got today...I got my hair washed (delightful), a hand massage (also delightful), a scalp massage (uh...heaven), a great haircut, and some new hair goop, all for $30. Can't beat that with a stick!
  • Adele...absolutely adore her unique voice. We sound really, really great when we sing together.
  • Rick & Bubba...they make me look forward to getting ready every morning
  • a fun field trip planned for next week
  • my simple, lovely little life and the direction the good Lord is taking me...I'm seeing lots of good things up ahead
  • my blog friends...thanks for loving me in spite of the drivel that often spews forth from my keyboard :)


HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of the little things today and to be thankful for grace. Remembering those grace moments through the day is key I think...still working on that. Think I am getting a little more anxious than I was expecting about Match day. Thanks for your prayers and your sweet comments. I always appreciate them. Love your blog and anything you have to say on it. I appreciate you sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I'm thinking about yall as Match Day gets closer. I know God will place your little family exactly where you need to be...can't wait to find out where that is! Happy weekend, friend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.