Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...
  • the grace of the good Lord, and the patience He extends to me every minute of every day
  • my family and friends...the best in the world
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones...I'm learning to never (ever, ever, ever) take this for granted
  • a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, food in my fridge, electricity, clean running water, a dependable car that gets killer gas mileage, enough money to get me through every month
  • strong legs that carry me everywhere I need to go
  • hot showers
  • NetiPots, Mucinex, decongestants, and allergy medicine...literally don't think I could function in the springtime without them!
  • some very much needed rain coming through today...here's hoping it washes all this disgusting pollen away
  • my job, and the fact that it gives me some breaks throughout the year that I enjoy very much
  • after Monday, 41 more school days left...I have a feeling work is about to get really, really busy!
  • the library, the fact that I'm literate, and the fact that I love to read
  • very fun plans/events coming up over the next few months
  • getting back to our walking club...I've missed yall this week!
  • my sudden resolve to use up my vast collection of fabric before I buy anything new...I sorted all of my unused fabric yesterday, and holy moly. I refuse to let myself buy any  more until I've used this up !
  • Dave Ramsey, for instilling in me a desire to make some really wise financial decisions in my young adulthood. I'm realizing more every day what a blessing it is to start making good choices early on, even though I've still got plenty of room to grow :)
  • my rediscovered love of green smoothies...I'll share my "recipe" tomorrow
  • some fun trips to plan...I love getting to see new places
  • good manners, particularly when children have good manners
  • thoughtfulness
  • getting to chat with my mama at least twice a day this week, even if it's just to say hey real quick...the only times we get to do that are when I'm not working
  • a fun cemetery-exploring date with Grandad and whatever assortment of family members decides to show up...this is sure to be an adventure!
  • the sweet little baby sprout that's popped up beside one of my other plants...I hope I can keep it alive! I love that it's even leaning the same way; it wants to be just like its mama :) I'm really, really enjoying watching my plants grow.
{The Student Council gave all the teachers one of these plants for Teacher Appreciation Week last year. What a thoughtful gift!}

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.