Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday


Tonight I had the honor of attending a memorial service to celebrate the life of a former coworker. Maurice passed away this weekend, and after he made his final trip to his beloved Louisiana (his "motherland"), we gathered in our little town to remember him. It made me cackle...literally, cackle...to see that the church was decked out for VBS. We're talking balloons on every pew, a giant sky scene, and various cuddly animals riding in airplanes. Hysterical. Maurice would have LOVED it! So perfect! I'm very sad that his sweet self is gone from here, but I'm so happy to think about the celebration he's having now. I imagine if he hasn't already cooked up a pot of gumbo for Jesus, he will soon.

Today I am thankful for...
  • the good Lord and the fact that He promises that we'll get to join Him one day
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • summer break
  • the wonderful job that provides me with a summer break
  • very productive, very helpful math training this week
  • the fact that the aforementioned math training is done after tomorrow
  • getting to visit with my math teammates all week
  • a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clean running water, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, a paid-off car, strong arms and legs, a brain that remembers and does what it needs to do
  • energy
  • some rain earlier this week...my plants were thrilled
  • a really, really great walk yesterday
  • the library
  • getting to chat with some sweet friends this week
  • a fun couple of weeks to look forward to!

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.