Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my sweet, wonderful B and his upcoming weekend off
  • my family and friends, who love me all the time
  • a wonderful Mother's Day lunch last Sunday, and the chance to celebrate with my loved ones
  • Grandad's birthday tomorrow, and a celebration planned for his sweet self this weekend :)
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • my job, my wonderful schoolbabies, and my coworkers
  • 5 more days of school
  • a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clean running water, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, appliances that make my life convenient, a comfortable bed, my phone, a dependable and very fuel-efficient car
  • the total exhaustion that comes from wrapping up another school year...I'm happy to be able to give my 27 darlings my best, even with 5 days left!
  • the fun group of folks that I do lunch and recess with...I love laughing with them
  • a fun date night to see "The Great Gatsby" on Monday with B...I loved it, while he dubbed it "The Pretty Good Gatsby" :)
  • being literate, and the opportunity to teach a hard-working fella every week
  • good books...just finished this one, currently reading this one, and have this one on deck
  • discovering a great show that's filling my "Downton Abbey" void quite nicely
  • 5 more days of school
  • patience
  • laughter
  • contentment
  • being able to chug through the seemingly endless to-do lists I've got going on these days
  • answered and unanswered prayers
  • warm but not-yet-hot temperatures
  • sunscreen
  • bananas that are the perfect ripeness...bright yellow without a speck of brown
  • the hope of having enough money saved at the end of this month to buy a washer and dryer...I'll never take in-home laundry appliances for granted again!
  • 5 more days of school
  • what a blessing this school year and these students and their parents have been to me...love, love, love them
  • getting my classroom cleaned up and cleaned out
  • NOT having to show the puberty video to the 5th graders today...very thankful that Renita, Emily, Tim, and Reese took that one for the team
  • the gorgeous view from my living room
  • a fun baby shower yesterday for Holleigh, and good belly laughs over cupcakes that leave your teeth bright blue...can't wait to meet Baby Seth!
  • The Golden Girls
  • quiet time
  • 5 more days of school

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.