Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Year 6 is in the history books. As of today, I've had the honor and total blessing of teaching 155 young ladies and gentlemen. I was truly sad to see this group of darlings walk away from me this afternoon, but I know they're going to make me so proud in 6th grade. Love them!

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my wonderful B and the fact that he makes me laugh literally every time we chat
  • my sweet family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • my job, my coworkers, a group of schoolbabies that have set up residence in my heart for good
  • only one more day of work until August
  • SUMMER BREAK
  • a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clean running water, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, a phone that keeps me connected to my people, air conditioning, enough money to live life, a dependable car
  • B's safe return from Florida this afternoon, and the fact that he stopped by to eat supper with me before he headed home...he's so sweet to me :)
  • being literate, and my weekly tutoring session
  • finding the time to read a pretty great book
  • the special kind of exhausted that finds me only on the first and last days of school...thankful to have my job
  • good music
  • plans to start the Whole30 in June
  • SUMMER BREAK
  • a very thoughtful, very sweet gift from Carrie today...can't wait to get my toes done! Thanks so much, sweet friend!
  • getting my classroom cleaned up and cleaned out today
  • a fun lunch last weekend to celebrate Grandad's birthday
  • slightly thawed out frozen cherries
  • a good chat with Bub last night
  • an absolutely gorgeous baby shower for Emily yesterday
  • sunscreen
  • a very successful butter-making extravaganza with the kiddos yesterday...they LOVED it
  • the pretty view from my living room
  • good sleep
  • SUMMER BREAK

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.