Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Saturday-style

What better time to write your Thankful Thursday than on Saturday???

Today I am thankful for...
  • the good Lord and reminders to trust Him above anybody else
  • my family, friends, and loved ones
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • hard times, because I know it's possible to come out a much better person on the other side...I just need to constantly remind myself of that :)
  • my job, my wonderful students, and my awesome coworkers...I don't know what I'd do without them!
  • Michelle and Ginger...not sure how I'd make things work this year without their help throughout the day!
  • payday yesterday
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a comfortable bed, a dependable car, the doodads and gadgets that make my life more convenient
  • my washer and dryer :)
  • the intense humidity that has resurfaced lately...it was blessedly, surprisingly absent for much of the summer and now that it's back, I know I'll appreciate the arrival of fall so much more
  • the promise of fall right around the corner
  • College Gameday on my TV this morning
  • the cute haircut I got this morning and awesome Eric who does my hair
  • plans for a pedicure with Kira this afternoon
  • my Tigers kicking off their new football season tonight...here's hoping for a much, MUCH better season than the one we had last year!
  • a really good night's sleep...much-needed
  • Airborne
  • a very successful Parent Academy Thursday night...I'm really excited about this school year
  • some fun science experiments this week
  • a sweet friend who takes the time to check on me and give me advice, even though she's got far more on her plate than I do...love you, Julie!
  • only having to wait in line for an hour to get my new car tag yesterday...I figured it would be much worse since I'd waited until the last work day of the month, the last work day before a long weekend, a Friday, and payday...such a blessing to get that out of the way fairly painlessly
  • making it through Week 4 of Couch to 5K...excited that Angie has joined in on the fun!
  • a long weekend
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.