Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday

The past four weeks have been some of the hardest I can remember having, and it's been tough to look on the bright side and count my blessings. I keep getting slammed with bad news, and it shows no signs of stopping. Some good news one of these days would really do a lot to lift my spirits. Until then, forcing myself  to stop and see how blessed I am helps. 'Tis but a season, right? Jeremiah 29:11

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, appliances and gadgets that make my life more convenient, a dependable car, enough money to take care of my needs
  • my washer and dryer...I don't ever want to take them for granted
  • vitamins
  • my job, my GREAT new students, my sweet coworkers, and my paycheck
  • the fun read-aloud I've started with my students...we're all loving it
  • being able to cross lots of things of my never-ending "to do" list
  • planning meetings with my whole grade level...I like knowing that all of us 5th grade teachers are on the same page, for the most part
  • a fun, successful start to the new school year
  • the pretty plants Mama got me for my classroom
  • sleep, and my comfortable bed
  • a fun date night with Angie yesterday...pizza, beer, brownies, and Antz...the highlight of yesterday for sure!
  • my sweet Laura, who turns 28 whole years old today!
  • getting in some quality time with Byrne and John last Sunday...such a sweet couple :)
  • precious, lovely friends who are always there for me...whatever I need, anytime
  • getting to visit with a handful of my friends this weekend, although I hated the reason we were together...please say a special prayer for my friend Julie and her family
  • making it through Week 3 of Couch to 5K...I actually enjoying jogging now...who woulda thunk it?
  • my phone and computer
  • getting my lesson plans for next week finished before I left work today
  • the Mumford & Sons concert in a few weeks, and the Lumineers concert not long after...so excited!
  • getting my dental work finished this week...after a root canal, a crown, a routine cleaning, removing a filling, and putting in a new filling (all over the course of a month), I'm officially over going to the dentist and hope to not go back until my next cleaning in March!
  •  a fantastic dentist and wonderful dental insurance
  • football season right around the corner!
  • a tidy home
  • a tidy classroom
  • the homemade chicken noodle soup I've been enjoying for lunch this week
  • contentment
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.