Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today, on this beautiful, dreary, cool fall day, I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, clean running water on demand, food in my fridge, a dependable car, my washer and dryer, all the other appliances and gadgets and gizmos that make my life easier, my comfortable bed, enough money to cover my needs
  • my cell phone and the magical 3 weeks we've had together...I sent it swimming in the sink last night, it couldn't handle the adventure, and it's trying to recover right now in a bag of rice. I am so sad that I tried to drown it, and I'm very hopeful that the rice will actually work. I'll report back.
  • my job, my supportive coworkers, and my eager-to-please students
  • a very productive math leader meeting today
  • the cinnamon broom I bought at Publix the other day...cinnamon makes me so happy
  • hot tea, lemon, and honey
  • medicine and vitamins
  • all those times I felt really great, because that gives me hope that this crud I have won't stick around forever...right???
  • a spectacular weekend in Auburn with Mama and the Buggs last weekend
  • the Walking Dead premiere last Sunday...looking forward to the next episode!
  • learning my limits, realizing that I can't do everything, and understanding that that's okay
  • Angie's statement that she's bringing back her Satisfied Sundays...now that I've made it public, there's no backing down, Jarrell!!!
  • being literate, and my weekly tutoring sessions with Mr. L.
  • getting to meet (on Monday) the college student who will be spending the rest of the semester in my classroom...I hope that she'll learn something useful while she's with me
  • hard times, because they've made me more appreciative of easy times
  • cute hand-me-downs...thanks bunches, Dawn!
  • Bub and Liv landing on American soil tomorrow...can't wait to hear about their trip to St. Lucia!
  • prayers
  • peace
  • seeing the leaves just barely start to change...I love fall
  • feeling inspired to start a quilt this weekend...it can't be that hard, right? (Famous last words, I'm sure!)
  • my small group and a FABULOUS lesson this week on entertaining within a budget...being a girl is so much fun
  • my simple little life and being content with what I have right here in this moment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.