- the good Lord
- my family and friends
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- a sweet friend who brought this into my world today...it's beautiful and absolutely gut-wrenching...if you are healthy and have healthy loved ones, send up a prayer of thanks...while you're at it, send up another prayer for all those who face health struggles every day
- the fact that the sweet friend I mentioned above checks on me often...that means so much to me
- a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, my dependable car, vitamins, warm showers, my comfortable bed, the appliances and gadgets that make my life convenient
- coconut oil
- the fact that 2 days in a bag of rice SAVED my phone...so thankful!
- my washer and dryer
- my job, my incredible coworkers, and my unstoppably enthusiastic students...love them
- a fun week of dress-up days at school
- getting to meet the sweet college student who will be spending the rest of the semester in our classroom...I hope she learns something she can take into her own classroom someday!
- enough money to provide for my needs
- conviction to make some changes in the ways I use my money
- a weekend right around the corner
- the stamina to make it through the really, really long days this school year is demanding from me
- legs that are strong enough to walk and arms that are strong enough to lift
- getting to jog just a smidge this week...that was the first time in quite a while, and my knee still felt really tight, but at least it didn't hurt
- being literate and my weekly tutoring sessions with Mr. L...I so enjoyed playing Bananagrams with him the other day!
- an exciting Auburn victory over Texas A&M...War Eagle!!!!!
- lots of fun last weekend at the Johnston family reunion
- absolutely, spectacularly gorgeous fall weather...I literally can't get enough of fall
- my cinnamon broom that still smells amazing
- good music
- patience, patience, patience
- peace and contentment
- the re-plumbing project in my little home being DONE
- one year of wedded bliss for Bub and Liv, and the fact that they made it home from St. Lucia safely
- a really intense episode of Walking Dead on Sunday
- good sleep
- laughter and people with a great sense of humor
- my simple little life, and learning to love it exactly for what it is...work. in. progress.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!