Monday, May 31, 2010

Freedom is not free

I took this picture at the Korean War Memorial in DC, and the more I think about it, the more it moves me. Today I am thankful to the men and women who have sacrificed time with their families, their health, their dreams, their well-being, even their own lives, so that I can live in freedom. I can't imagine having that kind of selflessness. I take my freedom for granted every single day, and I want to be more mindful about not doing that. I spent my day enjoying family and food, and it makes me feel a little guilty that I'm only able to do that because a soldier somewhere isn't able to. Something to think about.

*Side note: "WWII in HD" was on History Channel in its entirety Saturday. I planned to watch parts of it because I love learning about that time period. I emerged from my WWII coma 10 hours later. That's right; I watched all. ten. episodes. I sprinkled in a few chores and errands so I could say I didn't spend 10 hours on the couch watching TV. Actual couch time was only about 9 hours...so much better than 10. I know so much about WWII now it's not even funny. Try me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.