Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy birthday, Grandad!

(My graduation day in Auburn...44 years after Grandad became an AU alum himself.)

Today is Grandad's birthday; he's celebrating his big 35th this year :) I'm so thankful to have him around. He's a hoot and a half; I don't think I've ever spent any time around him without laughing. He has such a funny, quick wit. I love to hear him whistle through his teeth; I've never found anybody else who can do that quite like he does. He lives for his family and does anything you ask him to do without complaining. He's one of the wisest people I know. He can make and fix just about anything. He is a walking history textbook, and I think the only people who know more about the Civil War are the ones who lived through it :) I'm thankful for the time and effort he's put into researching our family's history; I hope to spend some time with him this summer learning more about the Johnstons. I love him to pieces and I hope he's got many more years with us. Happy birthday, Grandad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.