Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A very Bugg-y wedding

Mom, Denny J, and I journeyed to Auburn this past weekend to see Katy Bugg get hitched. Hers was hands-down one of the best weddings I've been to. It was beautiful and well-planned, but so laidback and low-key...very Katy Bugg. It rained (um, absolutely poured) most of the afternoon, but the rain stopped long enough for the outdoor ceremony. The wedding and reception were held at Oak Bowery in Lafayette. The house was so gorgeous...I wanted to go get my stuff from the hotel and take up residence there. Congratulations, Katy and Josh!

It was a little surreal seeing Katy get married. I've been trying to figure out exactly how long we've known the Buggs, and I know it's at least 20 years, probably more. Katy was like my sister growing up. We played dress up, made spice soup, had dance parties and spend-the-night parties for 2 (well, 3 if you count Cokie Bear), rode our bikes, and worked to perfect our Mario Kart techniques. I still smile when I think about the summer we dug ourselves a giant hole we called our "dirt house". We were convinced that our moms were going to let us live there. If my memory serves correctly, we even drew a blueprint for our little dirt house. Then the Buggs moved and my heart broke. We've kept in touch and even if months (or years!) pass without seeing them, we always manage to pick right up where we left off. I love them and can't wait to see them again during football season!







PS-Is there a more perfect place on Earth than Auburn? It's a little ridiculous how excited I get when I'm able to make a trip to the Loveliest Village. I'm already counting down the days until my next trip "home"!

1 comment:

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.